It’s a question that has been asked by many people over the years: How to get Google to index my site? Your web pages are discovered currently but not indexed ?
And who says not indexed pages says no ranking!
The answer, as it turns out, is simpler than you might think. In this article, we’ll show you how to index your website on Google in less than 2 minutes – and for a ridiculous budget! Let’s get started.
How to get Google to index my site ?
If you’re having trouble getting your website indexed on Google, the first thing you should do is figure out why. There are a few common reasons why this might happen:
- Your website is new and hasn’t been crawled by Google yet : if your site is brand new, you will have to wait for Google to check that it has not been set up only for spam, fake information or low quality content. This is a period of about 2 to 3 months where Google will analyse your site and its behaviour. This phase is called the sandbox. It is not easy to get past it except by forcing the indexation as we will see later or by adding some backlinks (nicely…)
- Your website has been penalized by Google and is no longer being indexed : To check if you are subject to a manual penalty from Google, simply go to Search Console (another free tool from Google a bit like Google Analytics but to monitor the health of your site and its indexation) and look under “Security – Manual Actions”. You should get a message to warn you. Where the case is more complex is when your site appears to be “filtered”. No penalty is mentioned, but few of your pages are indexed (often only 4 remain). You can then try our forced express indexing method.
- Your website is blocked from indexing by robots.txt or meta tags : if your website is set up to block access, with noindex command, to any bots, it will not be indexed. You just have to edit the robots.txt file and modify your meta tags to technically allow Google’s crawlers to navigate your site.
- Your website has low-quality content and has been filtered by Google’s search engine algorithms : If your site is considered to be of low quality, you could be part of the Google’s Panda filter. It will not only prevent crawling but also indexing by restricting it to certain pages or subdomains. If this is the case, you must first identify the errors that are leading to a poor rating for your site and then correct them. But Google Search has been undergoing a major overhaul since Prabhakar Raghavan arrived. Coming from the Google Ads division, he has put a big sweep on many processes and technology. As a result, we are currently experiencing a renaissance in search algorithms that aim to provide richer content in response: video, podcast, image, shopping… Therefore, if your content is not in line with Google’s expectations on this query, for example video and you only produce textual content, your content is not the indexing priority for the Californian search engine. Either you adapt and provide new content to see, or you can force the indexing with one of the two exclusive tools that we will present to you.
If you’re not sure why your site isn’t indexing on Google, you can use a tool like Google Search Console to investigate. This tool will show you how many pages from your website have been indexed and how many have not – and why.
So, now you know what it takes to get your website indexed on Google. But you’re probably wondering: how do I actually do it? Let’s explore the three simple steps for getting your site online quickly and easily :
- add a sitemap of your site in the Search Console
- request indexing manually in Search Console
- try to make some backlinks so that the Google robots discover your website by crawling other websites
1 – How to add a sitemap of your site in the Search Console?
A sitemap file is automatically generated by the different WordPress extensions like Yoast. A url in “xml” will be created. If you use Yoast Seo for example, by default the address of this sitemap is “yourwebsite.com/sitemap_index.xml“.
Source : https://www.reliablesoft.net/submit-sitemap-to-google/
To add your sitemap in Search Console :
- simply go to the left menu and click on Sitemaps;
- Then, click on Add/Test Sitemap;
- Enter your website’s domain name in the field “Sitemap URL“. then;
- validate and you should get an information message telling you that your sitemap has been processed and how many urls have been discovered.
If you ever get an error message, you may have made a mistake in the sitemap url. If you are sure of it, just try refreshing the web page. Sometimes a delay is necessary, and the red error message should be replaced by a green one, mentioning the amount of urls discovered by Search Console. Be careful though: discovered does not mean indexed. You will have to wait for Google to add them to its primary index.
2 – How to request indexing manually in Search Console?
It is very easy to request an indexing manually in the Search Console. First, type in the top navigation bar your url (in the “Inspect any url…” field).
The tool will first check that the page is not already indexed. If it is, you should get a message with a green tick saying “Url is on Google”. If it is not, you will be able to request an indexation. Be careful though, this function is limited to less than 10 urls per day, and you may have to wait a few days for the page to be indexed without result.
3 – Make some backlinks
The other way is to make backlinks from other websites AND on pages already indexed. You can buy these quality backlinks on sites already positioned with the famous netlinking platform NextLevel. As Google regularly crawls the indexed pages, its robots should discover your urls through other sites. Be careful if it is a new site: too many backlinks can give a bad signal to Google about SEO manipulations…
Why is Google indexing so hard?
Google is constantly changing its search algorithms to provide the best possible user experience. This means that website owners need to continually update their content to ensure that it meets Google’s expectations. If your website isn’t updated regularly, it may not be indexed by Google.
And as we told you earlier, the arrival of Prabhakar Raghavan brings a real change in the Search era.
Prabhakar Raghavan is a Senior Vice President at Google. He is responsible for Google Search, Assistant, Geo, Ads, Commerce and Payments products.
source : https://research.google/people/PrabhakarRaghavan/
He is applying these dedicated methods to the Ads division, and literally breaking off whole blocks of the previous strategy. Let’s not hide it, Google’s will is to be an answer engine and not a simple search engine anymore.
The engine wants to offer the Internet user the answer to his question if possible. For this reason, the appearance of the results sometimes resembles a real Christmas tree. This evolution (or revolution) of search for Google, particularly in the context of mobility, will not happen quickly.
Solutions must therefore be found to remedy this.
Revising your content so that it corresponds to the search intention of the Internet user is already a first alternative. If not, you have two technological gems developed in 2022 by two experts in the French SEO sphere.
How to submit website for indexing ?
If you have just created a website, you will want to make sure that it is indexed by Google as quickly as possible. Here is a summary of the information and techniques we have just presented to you:
- Submit your sitemap to the Search Console.
- Request indexing manually in the Search Console.
- Make backlinks from other websites.
- Update your content regularly.
If your site still doesn’t get indexed, we have two great SAAS software packages developed by French SEO experts that are already all the rage in the “land of the croissant”!
But as these French experts never communicate across the Atlantic, we decided to highlight their solutions.
So hang on, because the results are just amazing!
How to get google crawl your site immediately ?
We are going to introduce you to two different tools that have the same functionality: submit and index the urls of your site in a few minutes.
Despite our enquiries and investigations, we have not been able to determine how they achieve these results.
Their trade secrets are well kept!
Now let’s find out more about these two SAAS tools.
First Tool Indexation
This first tool was developed by Vincent F., already well known in France for developing great SEO tools: a wordpress site manager for website editors and an automatic multilingual content generator.
How the tool works
After creating your account on the SAAS, you just have to buy credits allowing you to request the indexing of Urls.
On the home page, you can submit several urls at once. This is the case when you know exactly the non-indexed urls of your site that you want to force to be indexed.
If your site has many pages and you want to automate this control, you can either create a project and paste the list of all the urls to check. The tool will first check if they are present or not in the Google index.
You have the choice to determine if you want the non-indexed urls to be automatically forced to the index or if you want to manually select them.
The cost of checking the indexation is very low and is 0,0010€ per url (about 0,0011$ US ).
On the same principle of verification, monitoring and automatic indexing, you also have the possibility to manage your websites. You fill in your site, its sitemap, and as soon as the tool discovers a new url (your new published article for example) it will launch the indexing automatically.
When we know that as long as the page is not on Google, it will not generate any visit and therefore no turnover, here is what ensures you to make profits faster!
No matter which method you use, you have access to the history and tracking. A strong point of the tool is indeed the tracking of the requested indexation.
Right from the start, each submitted URL will be checked at H+20 minutes. If it is not indexed, the tool will retry and test again at day+1.
On the same principle, here are the successive checks that will be performed:
- hour + 20 minutes
- day +1
- day +2
- day +3
- day +4
- day +5
- day +14
You can follow with the color of the G of the column if the url is indexed :
- Red : not indexed
- Green = indexed
- Yellow = pending
Demonstration of the tool in live
Because an image (in our case a video) is worth a thousand words, we decided to conduct a live test. As soon as we finish writing and publish this article we will send it to the forced indexing. We will test only with the first tool because if we send it via both, the test will be distorted.
Find below the conditions of the test and the results :
- DigitalHive website
- Time of publication of the article : 31st January of 2022 at 11:38 am (Hour in Paris, France – 6:00 Am New York)
- Sent to forced indexing at : February 1st 11:12 AM (Paris time) – 5:12 AM (New York time)
- Date and time of indexing : February 1st 11:31 AM (Paris time) – 5:31 AM (New York time)
or 19 minutes to be indexed in Google !
How much does this tool cost ?
The price of the url indexing varies depending on the amount of credits you buy.
The more credits you buy, the more the cost per url will decrease.
|Number of Credits | In €/credit | in US$/credit|
|1 to 99||1€||1,12$|
|100 to 199||0,9€||1$|
|200 to 299||0,8€||0,89$|
|300 to 399||0,7€||0,78$|
|400 to 499||0,6€||0,67$|
And as the French are honest, and especially confident in their tool :
We refund 90% of the credit used if your url is not indexed after a control at D+9
You read it right! You will receive a refund of 90% of the cost if despite multiple requests, the tool has not managed to do its job.
Bonus: Indexing request via API
The icing on the cake for developers or those who wish to submit their requests via an API, the founder of the tool has provided this.
At no extra cost, you have access to this API to transmit your command lines in CLI or PHP/Curl:
- Retrieve consumption information
- Send one or more URLs to be indexed
Our opinion on this tool
Very easy to use, we can’t do without it anymore.
We are also website editors, and in this competitive battle, we don’t hesitate anymore! Every article or page published by a writer goes into the tool!
And as we only live for our visitors, we sometimes use the second tool when the timing is very tight.
We like one of these features very much even if the objective is the same: to force the indexation of your website pages.
Index Me Now
It works the same way : you buy credits on the platform which will be deducted for each url you submit.
You must create a project (often your website) which will allow you to organize the follow-up via directories classified by project name.
Once the project is created, you can submit your urls in 2 ways. Either by copying and pasting them into the form, or upload a text file listing all the urls to be processed.
These will then be processed by the tool in a timed manner.
The results are very good like the other tool.
We noticed that the processing time was a little longer with this one than with the previous one.
The chrome plugin to launch the indexing
This is one of the points of differentiation with the other tool.
A Chrome extension is available for free !
Once you have entered your API key, you can use your browser to send the url you are currently browsing to the tool to launch the forced indexing.
This tool also has a free API access for those who want to use it in development or via their internal tools.
It will allow you to use the functions :
- Get credits count
- Get all projects
- check if project exists
- Add a new project
- Add new urls to existing project or index again completed urls
- Check project urls status
The cost of Index Me Now
It is slightly lower than the previous tool.
Here are the 4 possible Packs you can buy.
IndexmeNow Discount Code 2022
Here it is ! We have negociate with the founders of the tool a discound code that let you have 17% on all your plans !!
The Code is : DIGITALHIVE
We hope it will help you discover the benefits of this French SAAS !
Even if statistically 90% of the urls are indexed in less than 24 hours, there is also a refund policy.
Your money is re-credited within 10 days if the url is not indexed.
Our opinion on these two french indexing tools
If we write this complete file, it’s because on the one hand we haven’t found an equivalent even on the US scene!
Secondly, we know that you won’t hear about it anywhere else.
And yes, the French, although very strong in SEO, communicate very little in English and abroad as a rule!
And to be 100% transparent, we use both. Here is our working process:
- Indexation : used with our sites sitemap to automatically push new content created on our sites
- IndexMeNow : to force the indexation of the pages on which we make backlinks. Indeed, a backlink on a page, a forum, a blog is effective for SEO, but only if the page is indexed. So as soon as we browse and discover a “nice spot”, we create the link and send it to the indexation via the Chrome extension to the tool.
Those who knew the good old days of the old Google url submission tool will jump for joy!
And yes, it is once again possible to force the indexing of sites not managed by us.
Believe us, once you get a taste of these tools you won’t be able to live without them!