Adopt good food hygiene to counter insomnia
The well-being of our body depends imperatively on a good diet. For example, indigestion can keep us up all night. For it :
- Reduce fat consumption: it slows down digestion.
- Favor a rich and balanced diet: vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, soy, dairy products, eggs, etc.
- Eliminate dinners that are too copious or too heavy such as meats, cheeses or even bread and if you have to eat late opt for a light meal.
- Avoid caffeine in the afternoon and evening (coffee, tea, energy drinks, etc.).
Use herbal teas for easy sleep
Many grandmother’s recipes are effective against insomnia. Chamomile tea is one of the most recommended. In addition to its virtues for digestion, chamomile has soothing properties.
Also, a glass of warm milk before bed helps you get a good night’s sleep.
On the other hand, refrain from drinking too much in the late afternoon and evening to avoid the incessant trips to the toilet during the night.
Respect the times for going to bed and getting up
Adopting a good sleeping habit helps counter insomnia. What to do: identify your sleep cycle, that is to say, during what time you normally sleep (6 hours, 8 hours depending on each person). You have to find your own rhythm and impose fixed hours for sleeping. To help you, pay attention to signs like yawning or itchy eyes that Morpheus is ready to welcome you.
Say no to screens before bed
The light given off by television screens, computers, tablets or smartphones does not only harm our eyes. It is also the cause of our insomnia. Indeed, this light slows down the production of melatonin, the hormone responsible for sleep. To counter insomnia, you need:
- Avoid screens at least 1h30 before going to bed.
- Banish screens from your bedroom or put your smartphones on airplane mode.
- Use blue light filters if you can’t live without them.
Practice physical exercise regularly
Doing regular physical exercise helps reduce sleep disturbances and counteracts insomnia. It is recommended to do this in the morning or during the day. It keeps the body healthy, active and therefore improves the quality of sleep. On the other hand, avoid making it before going to bed (to be avoided in the evening). Say goodbye to insomnia by adopting these tips and finally sleep like a baby.